The UK Nollywood Film Festival 2018, we launch our 1st film festival.
We will screen up to 20 films over two days at different prime London locations.
These locations will include the Odeon IMAX Cinema in Charlton Royal Borough of Greenwich.
Awards & Prizes
The UK Nollywood Film Festival will present awards in the following categories:
Best African Feature Film
Best African Documentary
Best African Short Film
Best African Music Video
Rules & Terms
1. All films should be submitted digitally, not via DVD’s in the post. If you are unable/unwilling to use digital submission, please contact us and an alternative arrangement can be made.
2. All photos/publicity materials provided with the submission need to be identified properly for the festival promotions.
2. We cannot return DVD entries under normal circumstances.
If selected to be showcased during the event, all screening copies must be received by 11th September 2018
4. NTSC and PAL submissions will be accepted, as will Region 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.
5. Non-English language produced films must have English subtitles or be dubbed in English.
3. Films that have been broadcast on Television, Internet, Cable or have had an international theatrical release prior to UKNFF are NOT eligible for any competition but may be discretionally screened, out of competition. All entrants certify that they have been given full rights to to submit the film or documentary including the use of any and all music in their films or documentary.
7. Film Producers are responsible for all relevant insurance and shipment costs of films to UKNFF.
The title of the work and name of entrant must be on all mailing containers, labels, can reels and film leaders.
8. Selected film entries will be notified by 30th August 2018. Award winners will be announced during the Closing Night Ceremony. The winners will receive their Awards Certificate on the night.
9. Filmmakers or participants attending the festival will be fully responsible for the cost of travel, lodging, and all other expenses.
10. Filmmakers whose films have been nominated will receive a minimum of two free festival passes to see all the festival films
Admittance for filmmakers to the “Opening Night and/or Closing Night Event may be charged up to 50% of the actual ticket price”
11. Film prints and other film materials will be handled with utmost care and attention. However, UKNFF staff or supporting theatre organisations staff cannot be held responsibility for any damage or loss of the print and other film materials, en route or otherwise, during the course of the festival’s possession of the print.
12. All stated information, eligibility and submission guidelines, terms and conditions of entry, and entry information is subject to change by the UK Nollywood Producers Guild, without notice.